It’s difficult enough to sell items online much more when it comes to high-priced items. Unless your client is selling a commodity with a high demand and a low price, the right website design is crucial. If you’re customer is selling a high-ticket item, website design poses an exciting challenge and lucky for you, there are loads of luxury website designs you can take your cue from. We studied those web designs and compiled a list of the top factors that convert leads into customers.
A website is an extension of a brand and an overall expression of the business and the industry. It is only natural that your client would want the best web design that would prompt a potential client to spend time and money on the website. If you’re designing a budget brand, there is little thought that needs to go into web design.
However, if you’re selling top Citizen watches, expensive jewelry and electronics like laptops, your web design needs to express the true value of what your client is selling. Content is essential in how you will market the brand but you have to align certain elements that will make the site look more luxurious and expensive. Below are some of the essential factors in creating a site for a luxurious brand.
- Simplicity- There is a resounding design we saw in websites that sell high-ticket items. They all have clean layouts, high-quality professional images, a minimalist design, beautiful typography and elegant color palettes.
- Colors- Color psychology influences a person’s perceptions. For instance, black is seen as a sleek, luxurious and manly color. It is often used to market high-ticket items. However, white space is also crucial to web design success when it comes to high-ticket items. An academic study that analyzed user reactions to car websites and watch websites noted key takeaways you can use for your web design and that includes using lots of white space and fewer colors, especially bright colors which tend to look cheap.
- Products on Display- Don’t make your website look like a jumbled category of products and prices. The lower the number of products on display, the more each product will take the spotlight, which can relay a sign of importance and high-value.
- Typography- The use of some text, example Comic Sans can cause users to disregard your content. Typography in web design is crucial as it can impact brand trustworthiness. One expert went as far as to say, “Web design is 95% typography.”
- Professional Images vs Stock Photos- A large, optimized image with a well-thought placing and relevance to the product or service can lead to more sales and conversions. The opposite is true with stock photos which are a threat to credibility. It can make your site look cheap in particular if you use photos that are overused, common and prevalent. Mass Impressions caution web designers against using stock photos and recommends the use of professional photographers who are “absolutely crying out for somewhere to showcase their work.”
Web design for an expensive luxury brand needs to connect with the target audience with a higher perceived value than the price they pay for it. For instance, the content of an Invicta watches review for 2018 will cause awareness that you get more than what you pay for. When working on your web design use fewer colors, more white space, less bright colors, display a limited number of products and be minimalistic with your design, completely clutter-free. Web design has the power to impact conversion rate. Of course, your design needs to match your objectives and be conversion optimized. Take what you’ve learned from us and incorporate these essentials into your luxurious web design. Good luck!